2008년 8월 3일 일요일

Severance Hospital - EXPLANATION!!!

Okay!!! One of my students at YBM was so curious after I told her what "severance" means in English, she looked up the reason why many hostpitals and medical services in Korea have the name "severance" on them!

By the way - if you didn't read my previous post on the huge, well known "Severance Hospital" that I wrote in July 2008, go read it! It's short and has a picture.

So, apparently, "Severance" is the last name of an English speaking foreigner that came to Korea and opened hospitals and medical services! Thank goodness! That makes a LOT more sense! And it just happens that, in Korea, many Koreans misassociate the word "Severance" with positive things instead of remembering the guy.

How interesting! If I can get more information on this dude, maybe I'll make a third post on this topic.

댓글 없음: