2008년 1월 13일 일요일

Koreans and dogs

I get a lot of comments from... EVERYONE... about eating dog in Korea. Yes, yes, Korea is pretty much famous for eating dog meat - but dog meat is on its way out. In the past, dogs weren't really seen as pets like they are today - so it was okay to eat them. With the younger generation in Korea - people are growing up seeing dogs as pets and in pet store windows. To them, the thought of eating a dog is appalling.

So most people don't eat dog, but you can still find it on a menu here and there. I haven't tried any - and I won't ever (on purpose).

But another thing Koreans like to do is dye their dog's hair different colors. Most dogs in Korea are really small (at least in the city where I live). It's pretty normal to walk past a pet store and see a dog in the window with blue fur. Accessorizing the dogs is pretty big. Some people like to put clothes on their dog, other people give their dog a funny haircut, other people dye their dog's fur.

Anyway - when I get more pictures to show you - I'll definitely post them - but for now here are just a few. :)

댓글 없음: