2008년 2월 22일 금요일

Korea: A Developing Nation

Even Koreans are aware that Korea isn't yet labeled as "a developed nation". The offical label is that Korea is "a developing nation". They're certainly not finished. There's so much construction everywhere! Especially in Incheon. They're building entire neighborhoods, parks, highways - many things.

With almost 50 million people in Korea and a land mass that is smaller than some states in the USA... almost everyone lives in what Americans would consider apartments (or condos). I think it's normal in any big city. These buildings are everywhere in Korea and they're HUGE!!! Still, I look up and it's amazing to me... buildings as high as mountains. It really is an amazing sight.

On my way to Seoul I got a few pictures of some complexes under construction. Not just one... but an entire group of them - like they were building an entire neighborhood at once.


And when they finish... it looks something like this:







댓글 없음: