2007년 11월 17일 토요일

Facing the truth: Korean food

I've decided to fess up to the truth... I'm sorry - I can't hide it anymore. I don't (generally speaking) like Korean food. I think it's more similar to Japanese food than it is to Chinese food... and I just don't like Japanese food so much or Korean food.

Korean foods I don't like that I've seen, heard of, and some of which I've eaten:

Seafood like clams, mussels, crabs, fish, fish eggs, and other sorts

dog meat

chicken feet (yeah, they eat the feet of chickens... those little claws. They fry 'em up in hot sauce and eat them. They look very chewy... but I think Koreans like chewy foods because there are a lot of things like that that are chewy and people seem to like them.)

chicken/pig intestines (I ate some for the first time yesterday. It was chewy. The flavor was good... but I wouldn't eat it again)

Cold noodles

Cold sweet potatoes

Kimba - it's like sushi... it's almost exactly like sushi, but generally speaking they don't usually put fish in them.

Anyways - that's pretty much it. It's not the taste... the taste of the food is usually good - but it's the textures that get to me... and other things like that. I know I sound like a picky eater here... and I probably AM a picky eater - but let me tell you some things, just to try and redeem myself more:

I love Chinese food. It's my favorite.
I love Mexican food. It's SOOO good.
I like Indian food a LOT.
I like American food (pizza, burgers, hot dogs, corn dogs... yada yada) of course.
I like Egyptian food. It's very good.
I like other Middle Eastern dishes - very good!
I love Thai food! Chicken Pad Thai! Where are you???

I don't like seafood... and Greek food is... okay. Not wonderful, not bad. Somewhere in the middle. Anyway - that's my confession.

댓글 1개:

chewie :

Chris there is so much more as Korean food goes. I don't like seafood very much. Here is a list of some of the food I like.

dol sum bi bim bob
Sam kyup Sal
Galbijim
Mandu
Kimchi!
Chapche
Bolgogi
Kimbab
Kimchi "g" ge
traditional rice porridge
Soy Sauce chicken!
Some of their noodle dishes.
I am sure there is more.