2009년 1월 27일 화요일

Korea is a FLOOR oriented society

The history of Korea has always been grounded in... well... the ground.
Lots of Korean culture is based on doing things from the floor. In Korea...

Families eat dinner together by sitting on the floor around a table.

Apartments are heated by a special system (with a special name that I forget) where the FLOOR is heated, and that's what heats the rest of your home.

Brooms are half the size of a person.

I'm sure there's more that I'm neglecting to mention, but you can get the idea. I recently went to a friend's house and ate dinner with his family. Whenever they eat as a family, they cook, and then gather in the TV room and all sit on the floor to eat together. You'd never see this kind of thing in America, so it's pretty interesting to see. That's why I took some pictures for you!


댓글 없음: