2009년 5월 4일 월요일

The Biggest Church... in the world?

OH MY GOSH - I have SO MANY new posts to make. I'm so sorry about this... keep reading!

This one's about the biggest church in the world - membership-wise. Korea is home of Yoido's Full Gospel Church. They boast about 1,000,000 members. Now, the church can't FIT that many people, as you'll see in the pictures, but adding together all of the smaller group cells and other parts... that's what you get. They own a Christian newspaper in Seoul and a University, as well as a small mountain near North Korea that they use for praying. They have a building and a bunch of other stuff at the top where people are constantly praying, all the time, and they provide free transortation there to and from the church multiple times a day.




Anyway - if you want to learn more about it, you can check them out on wikipedia or you can visit there website. There's so much information about this church elsewhere on the internet... I don't think I need to type it all out. It's not my church - I just visited once to see what it was like!



After the service, Ellie and I went in the Welcome Room for a long lecture from the only foreign elder of the church. I snuck a picture during his presentation.

댓글 없음: